Why complete this test
The 6 second peak power test measures your highest peak power and cadence. You may find these metrics useful if you are adding sprint interval work to your training, as peak power will help you measure the effectiveness of your training.
When to use the 6 second peak power test
Use the 6 second peak power test at the beginning and end of a training plan to measure an improvement in your peak power.
What is the 6 second peak power test
During this test you will ride as hard as possible for 6 seconds.
How to complete the 6 second peak power test
The Wattbike Model B Performance Monitor has a pre-programmed 6 second power test. Simply follow the instructions below to get started:
1. From the main menu select workouts/ tests
2. On the test screen, select Peak Power 6”
3. Input your weight and select enter to start the test
4. The monitor will display a recommended resistance setting, change your resistance manually so it matches what is displayed on screen
5. Once the progress bar has disappeared, you can start your test
6. The live display will show a live graph build up with the peak power achieved and a live countdown to the end of the test.
How to interpret your results
Following the test, a ‘test’ screen will automatically appear which displays:
- Power peak
- Cadence peak
You can press the right arrow to switch between tabs for more information.
If you miss this summary screen, don’t worry, all test data is stored and can be accessed in Recall.