The 3 minute test will calculate your Maximum Minute Power (MMP) and Maximum Heart Rate (MHR), you can use this information to set personalised training zones and give structure to training with your smart bike. If you're unsure of how to pace your 3 minute test, try the submaximal ramp test as a warm up.
When to use the 3 minute aerobic test
If you’re a more experienced cyclist, try using the 3 minute test at the start of a training plan or block of training to set your baseline performance figures.
What is the 3 minute aerobic test
During this test you should ride at a pace and power which you can sustain for 3 minutes.
How to complete the 3 minute aerobic test
The Wattbike’s Model B Performance Monitor has a pre-programmed 3 minute aerobic test. Simply follow the instructions below to get started:
1. From the main menu select workouts/ tests
2. On the test screen, select 3’ Aerobic
3. Input your age, weight in kg’s and gender, then press enter
4. Once the progress bar has disappeared, you can start your test
5. The live display will show cadence and power and a live countdown to the end of the test.
Alternatively watch our video for a guide on how to complete the test.
How to interpret your results
Following the test, a ‘test’ screen will automatically appear which displays:
- Power to weight ratio
- VO2max estimate
- METs (represents the intensity of the test)
You can press the right arrow to switch between tabs for more information.
If you miss this summary screen, don’t worry, all test data is stored and can be accessed in Recall.