Firmware is software responsible for controlling how hardware [the Atom] operates and behaves. We introduced the beta firmware to trial fundamentally different algorithms for controlling the speed of resistance change, both in gear and ergo modes.
The beta firmware is available via the Wattbike Hub app. To download and try it, install the Wattbike Hub app from iOS App Store or Android Play store, then:
- In the Hub app click on the menu icon in the top right
- Click on Preferences
- Scroll to Device Firmware and turn on the switch next to Use Beta Firmware. The next time you connect to a bike it will be updated with the beta firmware.
- In the app navigate to Settings > Preferences
- Scroll to Device Firmware and turn on the switch next to Use Beta Firmware
- The next time you connect to a bike it will be updated with the beta firmware.
To revert back, turn the Use Beta Firmware setting off and connect to the bike again, the stable firmware will be installed.
Your Wattbike’s firmware version can be checked in the Wattbike Hub app:
- While next to your Wattbike go to: Settings > Known Wattbikes
- Select your serial number
- Wait for your bike to connect (the ring icon will turn green)
- Scroll to the ‘Bike’ to find the firmware version
- Beta firmware is shown as: 6.00.25 [BETA]
Your feedback is really important to us. If you’ve downloaded the beta firmware, we’d welcome your thoughts - positive and negative - by completing our short survey. Follow the link to give your feedback: