Wattbike Limited is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to wattbike.com, users of Wattbike mobile or desktop apps and users of any other Wattbike online, digital and offline services. Collectively, "Service(s)" or "Wattbike Service(s)".
Wattbike Data Protection Officer
We have a dedicated data protection officer ("DPO"). You can contact the DPO in writing at the address below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer
Unit 13, Nottingham South and Wilford Ind Est
For the most part the information Wattbike collects or processes will come directly from you, either provided over the phone to a Wattbike representative, in writing, or entered manually online or via an app. In some cases we may receive information you grant us access to when linking with a third party service, or if you use a third party service (Facebook/Twitter) to log into a Wattbike Service.
What information do we collect and process
The information we collect or process will depend on how you interact with Wattbike and which Services you make use of. Placing an order will require a different set of data than creating an account on our app for example.
- We collect the basic information required to create an account on our Services, in most cases this is limited to an email address and password, but may also include details such as a reference code from a social platform if one was used to log into or create an account.
- If placing an order, we will require the information relevant to processing and fulfilling the order. We use industry standard encryption when processing this data and do not store payment details or process payments ourselves. Information processed will include, amongst others, billing and delivery address, contact phone and email address, payment card details, product details, and for finance orders some historical, employment and other personal information required by our finance partner. We strive to process or collect the minimum information required to fulfil these orders.
- You can optionally choose to add basic profile information on some Wattbike Services, such as first and last name, country of residence and upload an image to compliment your profile.
- For full use of the Wattbike Hub apps there is additional information that is required. Gender, weight and DOB for example are all required for much of the Wattbike Hub functionality to work as you would expect.
- Wattbike will collect a minimal amount of data from third parties when this will improve your experience using Wattbike Services. For example if you connect to Apple Health or Google Fit we will collect your current weight value these services store so we can provide the best experience when using the Wattbike Hub. You can restrict this access at any time.
- Wattbike may collect biometric data from third party hardware such as heart rate belts and watches, but only if you explicitly choose to connect these.
- Optionally when using Wattbike Services we will record location data to help us understand our users and improve our products and services
- We may combine information that we collect from you with information obtained from other members, third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
- We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you access or use Wattbike Services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
Why do we collect, store, process or share information
- As necessary to provide Wattbike Services and fulfil our obligations. For example, we will require address and contact details to fulfil an order and we will need to pass payment details to a payment provider to process a card payment.
- Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you have made the information public.
- Where necessary for the purposes of Wattbike's or a third party's legitimate interests.
- Where you have explicitly chosen. For example if you link with Strava we will send them your activity data when you upload a session.
Where do we store data
Wattbike Service's databases and processing resources are located on servers based in Europe; primarily in the UK and Ireland.
Wattbike cannot guarantee the physical location of information stored or processed by third party services used by Wattbike, or any services you choose to connect and share information with.
What information do we process
There are a few situations where we will process information but not store it, or only store part of it.
- When processing a card payment Wattbike will not store details of the payment card, but we will store billing address and contact details.
When and how do we share your data
- By default, activity information uploaded to the Wattbike Hub service - such as the power and cadence produced during a Wattbike session - is publicly available.
- No required personal information, e.g. email, is made publicly available
- You can choose to make your account private at any time which will cause future sessions to be private by default. You can also set historical and individual sessions to be private from your account on hub.wattbike.com
- Profile information including name, username and country may be shown to visitors of hub.wattbike.com
- You can optionally choose to share data with complimentary third party services such as Strava, TrainingPeaks, Google Fit and Apple Health. You can revoke these integrations at any time.
Third party services and organisations
- Wattbike use third party services to deliver physical and digital product as well as monitor and maintain Wattbike Services. These include bug tracking systems, analytics services, logistics companies and logging
- Wattbike use services for such tasks as customer support management (Zendesk)
- Every attempt is made to only share anonymised or non-personally identifiable data with external services, however in some cases limited personal data or ID numbers may be required
- We use email services to send service notifications such as a summary of your workout on the Wattbike Hub app. In these cases your details are processed but not stored by these services. You may opt out of these notifications at any time.
- We use email services to send marketing communications and store your newsletter preferences. We will typically store a name, email address, country and source (e.g. "Home Page Newsletter Signup") with these services. You may opt out of these at any time by contacting us using the information on this page, or by using links in the footer of emails you receive from us.
- We may share non-personally identifiable information with sport scientists, universities and other researchers and experts to help improve our products and services.
- If required by law we may need to pass on personally identifiable information to a relevant agency
Cookies, logs, analytics and other technology
Wattbike uses industry standard technologies to improve, secure, maintain and ensure the proper running of Wattbike Services.
Usage and error log files are used to aid with development and debugging of Wattbike Services and stored information includes IP address, browser and device information, time, time zone and date information and user identification numbers where applicable.
Wattbike will use third party and internal analytics tools to analyse trends, measure performance, track conversion and otherwise understand and improve our systems and user experience. Account identification numbers and activity data may be included or referenced to this end.
Cookies and sessions are used to temporarily store information about your visit, for example to hold products in your shopping cart or language preferences.
Retention of data
Wattbike will retain data as long as it is required for the proper fulfilment of our obligations and the effective operation of our Services. Account profile information is typically held until the point an account is deleted for example.
Wattbike will retain personal and other information even from deleted accounts where required to by law or for other such essential business needs, such as fraud prevention or dispute resolution.
Non-personal information such as activity data and analytics from deleted accounts or other sources will be anonymised and kept to aid the improvement of Wattbike Services.
Security of your data
All Wattbike Services are based on servers in the UK or Europe.
Information is transmitted between systems using industry standard encryption protocols.
We use industry standard web encryption to transfer payment details, and do not hold or process payments on our systems but use best-in-class industry partners.
We never store passwords in plain text but store them encrypted.
Only personnel who have a legitimate requirement to access your information are granted access.
What are your rights?
You can access much of your personal information by logging into your accounts on wattbike.com, hub.wattbike.com or on the Hub Android or iOS apps. If you would like access to further information please contact email@example.com
You can modify much of your personal information by logging into your accounts on wattbike.com, hub.wattbike.com or on the Hub Android or iOS apps. If you would like to modify further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where legally appropriate you can request that your personal information is removed from Wattbike systems. We may have a legal obligation to keep a record of financial transactions for example though. Please contact email@example.com.
You have the right to have access to a copy of your personal information. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a Complaint
You can contact Wattbike's Data Protection Officer ("DPO") using the details at the top of this policy or at email@example.com. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
Company No.: 5554245
VAT No: GB115 0811 57
Unit 5, Nottingham South and Wilford Ind Est
Unit 13, Nottingham South and Wilford Ind Est