This release will update the Performance Touchscreen (PTS) to version 3.11.0 and the firmware of the Wattbike AtomX and Wattbike Nucleus to version 1.03.34.
The PTS update allows AtomX users to choose between 22-speed or 11-speed gearing (found in Advanced Settings), improves rider weight accuracy, increases the reps available in the Interval Builder (from 20 to 5), and automates the preferred measurement system (imperial/metric) for logged in users.
The Wattbike AtomX and Wattbike Nucleus firmware is updated to version 1.03.34. This version includes a range of improvements from our previous Beta firmware, including Heart Rate (HR) belt connectivity and HR belt auto-reconnection improvements, improved Bluetooth connectivity, and increased session timer accuracy. Firmware error messages will be logged and automatically attached to support tickets sent to Wattbike customer support.
The update window is scheduled for Wednesday, 31st March 2021 between 00:01am and 01:00am GMT.
How to update your Wattbike AtomX and Wattbike Nucleus
To get the latest Performance Touchscreen (PTS) and firmware update, follow these steps:
- Check the PTS is connected to a Wi-Fi network (the 'Network' icon in the top bar should be red).
- Ensure the Auto Firmware Update setting is enabled on the PTS (click the serial number in top left of screen > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Auto Firmware Update).
- Turn the PTS power on, ideally ahead of the update window (click the serial number > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Change Timer Durations > check that Energy Saving Timer is set to off).
- Once the update is complete you can switch the Energy Saving Timer back to your preferred duration.
- At this point, we recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.
What to expect when the PTS updates
Between midnight and 1am (GMT) on Wednesday 31st March, the Wattbike Hub app will briefly close. During this time you may see a red ‘CM’ with a spinner/loading icon on the tablet home screen. Shortly afterwards, the (updated) Performance Touchscreen app will relaunch.
As long as Firmware Auto Update is enabled as per the above instructions (step 2), the Performance Touchscreen app will immediately launch the firmware update process.
This follows two stages, as the firmware updates the digital board and then the sensor board - there are two red progress bars on the screen during this time, and should take less than five minutes.
Once the firmware update is completed, the app will return to the home screen. The icons may be grey briefly while the screen reconnects. Once they turn red, the bike is ready to use. We recommend turning the PTS off, then back on via the power switch after the update completes.