The Wattbike Atom (Next Generation) is designed to require minimal maintenance and should withstand heavy usage. However, the moving parts inside a Wattbike are subject to wear through use. If you notice any unusual symptoms, such as loud noises or grinding during operation, stop using your Atom and contact Wattbike for support.
The Wattbike Hub app will automatically refresh the training content in the app and prompt you to update the firmware when one is available. To ensure the latest features and firmware are installed ensure you connect the Hub app to the bike at least once a month.
Before your session, we recommend putting a small towel on the handlebars to catch any sweat and to help speed up the clean down of the bike after use.
After Every Session
To ensure your Atom stays in good condition remove all sweat, dust, dirt or other substances by using a clean, soft cloth and a non-abrasive antibacterial liquid cleaner. We recommend using the Muc-off Care Pack.
- Do not spray any cleaner directly onto the bike, always spray into the cloth first.
- Wipe down the exterior covers and frame, saddle, handlebar and monitor.
- Make sure that the handlebar stem and saddle stem are not over the MIN markers.
- Vacuum the floor under and around the Wattbike.
- Inspect the feet bolts, saddle and handlebar sliders and PTS bracket for looseness. Tighten as necessary.
- Inspect the saddle and handlebar stem adjustments. Tighten as necessary.
- Check that the pedals are secure. Tighten as necessary.
- Ensure that no sweat/ liquid is pooling on the metalwork or covers.
- Lubricate, using a 3-In-One Multi-Purpose Spray Oil or similar product, the thread of the locking and adjustment levers.
- Check for smooth and quiet operation of all moving parts.