The Wattbike Hub app is updated to version 3.12.0, which ensures that any changes made in the ‘Preferences’ section of the Hub are confirmed before exiting, and that any session dropouts are recorded to improve diagnosis and resolution. Other updates include:
- Updated and improved Google Fit integration
- ‘Reed Relay’ values have been added to the Diagnostics screen
- We’ve resolved a bug affecting a small number of Android Nougat users, causing the Hub to crash when formatting debug messages.
Next generation Wattbike Atom stable firmware is updated to v.1.03.37. Updates and improvements include:
- Preventing the strain gauge (which measures power) sending negative values, which caused some users to see billions of watts being measured during sessions. Sorry to all affected; not even the pros can achieve those numbers!
- A small number of Hub users were experiencing a reading of zero watts when riding. This has now also been resolved.
- Enhanced filtering of environmental interference in the flywheel RPM and Crank Angle Sensor, which had caused some resistance fluctuations for some users.
Beta firmware is updated to v.6.03.37 which is aligned with the improvements in the stable version.
Available from the Google Play and App Stores from Monday 26 April 2021.
How to update the Wattbike Hub app and your Wattbike Atom (Next Gen) firmware
- Navigate to the Wattbike Hub app page on the App Store or Google Play and tap 'Update'.
- Ensure your Wattbike is switched on and plugged in to a power source. Once you've updated the Wattbike Hub app, open the app on your device and select ‘Quick Ride’.
- When you connect the updated app to your Wattbike in Quick Ride (which will appear in the top right), it will automatically prompt you to update the firmware on screen.
Please note: Users who have previously been using beta firmware should now update to stable firmware v.1.03.37.