The update is scheduled for Monday 12th July 2021 between 00:01am and 01:00am BST.
The Performance Touchscreen is updated to version 3.14.0 which has the following updates:
- Introduces Spanish as an additional language. Users will now be able to switch to Spanish in the Advanced Settings section (reached by tapping the serial number in the top-left hand corner).
- Updates the firmware to version 1.03.41, details below
This release also updates the bike firmware to version 1.03.41 which features the following improvements:
- Implements Ecodesign energy saving logic for compliance with Ecodesign legislation
- Includes new functionality for backing up bike settings to protect against data loss during updates
- Time and date is now stored in the real time clock on some sensor boards
How to update your Wattbike AtomX
To get the latest Performance Touchscreen (PTS) and firmware update, follow these steps:
- Check the PTS is connected to a Wi-Fi network (the 'Network' icon in the top bar should be red).
- Ensure the Auto Firmware Update setting is enabled on the PTS (click the serial number in top left of screen > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Auto Firmware Update).
- Turn the PTS power on, and ideally ahead of the update window turn the energy saving timer ‘Off’ (click the serial number > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Change Timer Durations > check that Energy Saving Timer is set to off).
- Once the update is complete you can switch the Energy Saving Timer back to your preferred duration.
- Once the update is complete we also recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.
What to expect when the PTS updates
Between midnight and 1am (BST) on Monday 12th July, the Wattbike Hub app will briefly close. During this time you may see a red ‘CM’ with a spinner/loading icon on the tablet home screen. Shortly afterwards, the (updated) Performance Touchscreen app will relaunch.
As long as Firmware Auto Update is enabled as per the above instructions (step 2), the Performance Touchscreen app will immediately launch the firmware update process.
This follows two stages, as the firmware updates the digital board and then the sensor board - there are two red progress bars on the screen during this time, and should take less than five minutes.
Once the firmware update is completed, the app will return to the home screen. The icons may be grey briefly while the screen reconnects. Once they turn red, the bike is ready to use. We recommend turning the PTS off, then back on via the power switch after the update completes.