The Wattbike Performance Touchscreen is updated to version 5.0.0 which includes background improvements and changes to support future features.
The firmware version remains unchanged from the previous 4.2.0 release (firmware version 1.03.42).
The update window is scheduled for Tuesday 24 May between 00:01am and 01:00am BST.
How to update your Wattbike AtomX
To get the latest Performance Touchscreen (PTS) and firmware update, follow these steps:
- Check the PTS is connected to a Wi-Fi network (the 'Network' icon in the top bar should be red).
- Ensure the Auto Firmware Update setting is enabled on the PTS (click the serial number in top left of screen > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Auto Firmware Update).
- Turn the PTS power on, ideally ahead of the update window (click the serial number > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Change Timer Durations > check that Energy Saving Timer is set to off).
- Once the update is complete you can switch the Energy Saving Timer back to your preferred duration.
- At this point, we recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.
What to expect when the PTS updates
- Between midnight and 1am on Tuesday 24th May BST, the app will briefly close, during this time you may see the tablet home screen and might notice a red ‘CM’ icon with a spinner/loading icon
- Shortly afterwards the (updated) Performance Touchscreen app will relaunch
- As long as the PTS was previously updated to version 4.2.0 or later (along with firmware version 1.03.42) then no firmware update is required with this release.
- If the app and firmware was not previously updated, then as long as Firmware Auto Update is enabled, following update to 5.0.0, the Performance Touchscreen app will immediately launch the Firmware Update process. This follows two stages as the firmware updates the Digital Board then the Sensor Board - there are two red progress bars on screen during this time (this process normally takes less than 5 minutes)
Once the firmware update completes, the app will return to the home screen - the icons may be briefly grey while the screen reconnects, once they turn red, the bike is ready to use. At this point we recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.