Sometimes you may need to replace the batteries in the shifters on your Next Generation Atom as the bike goes through regular use.
To replace your shifter battery:
- Remove the hood from the shifter by pulling it off and away from the shifter
- The battery is no located behind a cap which is located on the inside face of the shifters.
- Turn the cap anti-clockwise and pull the cap away from the shifters.
- Using a pry delicately remove the battery from the locator bracket.
- Try to ensure the bracket remains in the shifter body as you delicately pry the battery out.
- Please find attached (to the bottom of this ticket) photos of how to correctly fit the battery to the Atom Shifters.
Important: The battery should be inserted so that the side and top of the brass clips are above the battery. If you have inserted the battery with the clips underneath on both sides then the shifter will not work.