The Wattbike Performance Touchscreen is updated to version 5.1.0.
The firmware is updated to version 1.03.48.
Via the Wattbike Hub, you can now customise your virtual gearing on the Wattbike AtomX with a range of preset gears and customisable shifter options, to add realism to climbs and rides (you can even change them mid-ride if a climb gets particularly tricky). The Wattbike will also save your bike settings so you can use your personalised settings in 3rd party apps like Zwift & Rouvy. For more information, read here.
For Ergo mode workouts you can try out our new Ergo Mode Smoothing (beta), allowing you to customise how the instantaneous power data is used.
- You can only change the preset gearing and shifter configuration through the Wattbike Hub app, not the PTS.
- Erg Mode Smoothing can be switched on and off in the PTS Advanced settings. The setting can also be changed in your Hub profile. If you are logged in to the PTS, the Hub setting will automatically apply.
- The PTS needs to be in ‘Home’ mode in Advanced settings to remember the last used gear & shifter configuration
- The update window is scheduled for Monday 4th July between 00:01am and 01:00am BST.
How to update your Wattbike AtomX
To get the latest Performance Touchscreen (PTS) and firmware update, follow these steps:
- Turn the PTS on and ensure it is plugged in to the original power source in advance of the update window
- Check the energy saving timer won’t turn the PTS before the update window (click the serial number > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Change Timer Durations > check that Energy Saving Timer is set to off)
- Check the PTS is connected to a Wi-Fi network (the 'Network' icon in the top bar should be red).
- Ensure the Auto Firmware Update setting is enabled on the PTS (click the serial number in top left of screen > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Auto Firmware Update).
- Once the update is complete you can switch the Energy Saving Timer back to your preferred duration.
- At this point, we recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.
Note: We strongly advise leaving the bike plugged in and PTS switched on ahead of the update to ensure a smooth update.
What to expect when the PTS updates
- Between midnight and 1am on Monday 4th July BST, the app will briefly close, during this time you may see the tablet home screen and might notice a red ‘CM’ icon with a spinner/loading icon
- Shortly afterwards the (updated) Performance Touchscreen app will relaunch
- As long as Firmware Auto Update is enabled, following update to 5.1.0, the Performance Touchscreen app will immediately launch the Firmware Update process. This follows two stages as the firmware updates the Digital Board then the Sensor Board - there are two red progress bars on screen during this time (this process normally takes less than 5 minutes)
Once the firmware update completes, the app will return to the home screen - the icons may be briefly grey while the screen reconnects, once they turn red, the bike is ready to use. At this point we recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.
If you have any problems during the update please contact our Support team.