Released Monday 4th July 2022
You can now customise your shifter configuration and switch between ‘Dual’ and ‘Standard’ modes.
- Dual: left shifter is used to change chainring and right shifter changes sprockets, like on a real bike
- Standard: existing linear shifting functionality where the right shifter moves gears up and down. If preset gears are chosen and linear shifting, the gears will automatically be moved from lowest gear ratio to highest.
All controls can be flipped - so the left hand becomes the right hand and vice versa. In Dual mode, you can also choose what the action buttons do (swipe the views left/right OR switch between erg/gear mode and trigger new lap)
How to change your shifter set up on Wattbike Hub:
- Launch the Wattbike Hub and choose a workout or climb
- Connect to your Wattbike Atom (next generation) and you’ll see a ‘Setup’ option, next to the HR icon.
- Tap ‘Setup’ and choose your shifter configurations
- Start your ride - shift up and down on screen or via the shifters
- Pause your ride - switch to a new setup to suit the ride conditions (if you hit a monster gradient!)
- End the ride - the bike will remember your setup
Compatibility - Wattbike Atom (next generation) and AtomX via Wattbike Hub
Note: Accessible on AtomX when connected to Wattbike Hub through users’ smart device, preset gearing options can not be changed through PTS.
How to change your shifter set up for Zwift, or other 3rd party apps:
Setup using the above steps via Wattbike Hub, then connect to Zwift or other 3rd party apps and use that same setup in-game.
You can also pause a Zwift session, switch to the Wattbike Hub to change your setup as above, then reselect the Wattbike to resume your Zwift session with a different groupset.
The Wattbike Hub app will remember your last used preference and apply it when you connect to a different compatible Wattbike.