The Performance Touchscreen is updated to version 5.1.1 and bike firmware to version 1.03.50.
Includes minor bug fixes and stability updates.
The update window is scheduled for Thursday 28 July 2022 between 00:01am and 01:00am GMT.
How to update your Wattbike Nucleus
To get the latest Performance Touchscreen (PTS) and firmware update, follow these steps:
Note: we strongly advise leaving the bike plugged in and PTS switched on before 5am BST tomorrow (Thurs 28 July). If the PTS is flat, please charge it using the external USB port and a 2a charger.
- Turn the PTS on and ensure it is plugged in to the original power source in advance of the update window
- Check the energy saving timer won’t turn the PTS before the update window (click the serial number > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Change Timer Durations > check that Energy Saving Timer is set to off)
- Check the PTS is connected to a Wi-Fi network (the 'Network' icon in the top bar should be red).
- Ensure the Auto Firmware Update setting is enabled on the PTS (click the serial number in top left of screen > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Auto Firmware Update).
- Once the update is complete you can switch the Energy Saving Timer back to your preferred duration.
- At this point, we recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.
Note: We strongly advise leaving the bike plugged in and PTS switched on ahead of the update to ensure a smooth update.
What to expect when the PTS updates
- Between midnight and 1am on Thursday 28 July BST, the app will briefly close, during this time you may see the tablet home screen and might notice a red ‘CM’ icon with a spinner/loading icon
- Shortly afterwards the (updated) Performance Touchscreen app will relaunch
- As long as Firmware Auto Update is enabled, following update to 5.1.1, the Performance Touchscreen app will immediately launch the Firmware Update process. This follows two stages as the firmware updates the Digital Board then the Sensor Board - there are two red progress bars on screen during this time (this process normally takes less than 5 minutes)
Once the firmware update completes, the app will return to the home screen - the icons may be briefly grey while the screen reconnects, once they turn red, the bike is ready to use. At this point we recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.
If you have any problems during the update please contact our Support team.