The Performance Touchscreen is updated to version 3.12.0, which features a new option to create distance-based workouts using the Interval Builder. It also adds a new ‘Clear Local Data’ button for removing test ride data, and allows dropouts and reconnects to be logged for improved issue diagnosis.
This release also updates the bike firmware to version 1.03.37 which features the following updates and improvements:
- Preventing the strain gauge (which measures power) sending negative values, which caused some users to see billions of watts being measured during sessions. Sorry to all affected; not even the pros can achieve those numbers!
- A small number of Hub users were experiencing a reading of zero watts when riding. This has now also been resolved.
- Enhanced filtering of environmental interference in the flywheel RPM and Crank Angle Sensor, which had caused some resistance fluctuations for some users.
The update window is scheduled for Monday, 26th April 2021 between 00:01am and 01:00am GMT.
How to update your Wattbike Nucleus
To get the latest Performance Touchscreen (PTS) and firmware update, follow these steps:
- Check the PTS is connected to a Wi-Fi network (the 'Network' icon in the top bar should be red).
- Ensure the Auto Firmware Update setting is enabled on the PTS (click the serial number in top left of screen > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Auto Firmware Update).
- Turn the PTS power on, ideally ahead of the update window (click the serial number > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Change Timer Durations > check that Energy Saving Timer is set to off).
- Once the update is complete you can switch the Energy Saving Timer back to your preferred duration.
- At this point, we recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.
What to expect when the PTS updates
Between midnight and 1am (GMT) on Monday, April 26th, the Wattbike Hub app will briefly close. During this time you may see a red ‘CM’ with a spinner/loading icon on the tablet home screen. Shortly afterwards, the (updated) Performance Touchscreen app will relaunch.
As long as Firmware Auto Update is enabled as per the above instructions (step 2), the Performance Touchscreen app will immediately launch the firmware update process.
This follows two stages, as the firmware updates the digital board and then the sensor board - there are two red progress bars on the screen during this time, and should take less than five minutes.
Once the firmware update is completed, the app will return to the home screen. The icons may be grey briefly while the screen reconnects. Once they turn red, the bike is ready to use. We recommend turning the PTS off, then back on via the power switch after the update completes.