This release will update the Performance Touchscreen to version 3.10.0 and the firmware of the AtomX and Nucleus to version 1.03.31.
Performance Touchscreen version 3.10.0 introduces a new auto-reconnect feature: if a connection dropout occurs during a ride, the app will attempt to automatically reconnect and allow the ride to continue*.
The new stable firmware of the Wattbike AtomX and Nucleus (1.03.31) improves Bluetooth connectivity, fixes a bug that prevents the calibration working together with the Ecodesign functionality, and also enables the auto-reconnect feature mentioned above.
*auto-reconnect excludes performance tests to avoid invalidating results
How to update your AtomX and Nucleus PTS
To get the latest Performance Touchscreen update, follow these steps:
- Check the PTS is connected to a Wi-Fi network (the 'Network' icon in the top bar should be red).
- Ensure the Auto Firmware Update setting is enabled on the PTS (click the serial number in top left of screen > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Auto Firmware Update).
- Turn the PTS power on, ideally ahead of the update window (click the serial number > click Advanced Settings > scroll down to Change Timer Durations > check that Energy Saving Timer is set to off).
- Once the update is complete you can switch the Energy Saving Timer back to your preferred duration.
- At this point, we recommend you hold down the power button and power the Performance Touchscreen off, then press the power button to power it back on.
What to expect when the PTS updates
Between midnight and 1 am on Monday 1st March GMT, the Hub app will briefly close. During this time you may see the tablet home screen with a red ‘CM’ icon with a spinner/loading icon. Shortly afterward, the (updated) Performance Touchscreen app will relaunch.
As long as Firmware Auto-Update is enabled as per the above instructions (step 2), the Performance Touchscreen app will immediately launch the Firmware Update process.
This follows two stages, as the firmware updates the digital board and then the sensor board - there are two red progress bars on the screen during this time (this process normally takes less than 5 minutes).
Once the firmware update is completed, the app will return to the home screen. The icons may be grey briefly while the screen reconnects. Once they turn red, the bike is ready to use (we recommend turning the PTS off, then back on via the power switch after the update completes).