With two models to choose from, how do you decide which bike is right for you?
Firstly, we recommend you take a look at the Wattbike Comparison Guide on our website, to compare the specs of the two models side by side. For more in-depth information, read through the additional guidance provided below:
- With the launch of ANT + and Bluetooth FE-C compatibility the Atom now offers unrivalled connectivity to several popular training applications such as Zwift and the Wattbike Hub.
- FE-C technology now allows 3rd party applications to control the resistance automatically to simulate climbs and gradient changes.
- The Wattbike will continue to offer connectivity to 3rd party applications, although resistance changes will not occur automatically.
- Rides can still be recorded and uploaded through to popular training tools Strava and Training peaks.
- The Atom utilises a step motor and dynamic resistance system.
- The step motor electronically controls the load on the flywheel and moves in discrete steps, controlled by the user, to affect the magnet position and control resistance.
- Resistance can be adjusted through the use of shifters to simulate a real road bike gear change.
- The Pro/Trainer has two forms of resistance, air and magnetic.
- The air resistance allows for the most optimal road bike feel whilst using the bike, whilst the lever allows for immediate resistance application. This simple and quick method of adjustment will allow a rider to instantly reach the desired resistance without any incremental steps in power output.
- The magnetic resistance simulates climbs and inclines through a magnetic column providing resistance against a flywheel. It allows access to very high-power outputs and low cadence sessions.
- The Atom will need to be plugged into a mains power source to be utilised, this is due to the internal step motor.
- The Pro/Trainer can be run without a power source, the internal dynamo also charges the performance monitor whilst the bike is in use.
- The Atom does not come with a head unit as standard, all control must be run through a compatible smart device such as an iPhone or Android device able to run the Wattbike Hub app.
- The Pro/Trainer comes with its own Bluetooth compatible headset which relays 40 performance peramaters in real time, including the Polar View graph.
- The headset can be connected to your smart phone or tablet to run 3rd party applications as well as the Wattbike Hub.
Heart Rate Belts
- The Atom can be connected to Bluetooth Heart rate belts as well as ANT + and Polar coded.
- The Pro/Trainer can be connected to ANT + and coded Polar heart rate belts.
Types of Training
- The Atom has been designed for cyclists which is reflected by the types of training that can be completed on the bike.
- The Atom is well suited to steady state, same resistance work. Using ergo mode you can set a desired resistance and the bike will match your cadence accordingly.
- The incremental step motor allows for the simulation of hill workouts and steep climbs.
- Through FE-C compatibility the bike is able to adjust the resistance to match the set workout through the Wattbike Hub app and other 3rd party applications.
- The Pro/Trainer is perfect for hitting precise power outputs through the use of the air resistance lever.
- Very low cadence sessions and strength work can be accessed through the use of the magnetic resistance.
- High intensity interval training is best performed on a Pro/Trainer as it allows for an immediate change in resistance.