We recommend using our Firmware Updater App to update your Wattbike Model B Monitor, but we also include the files to manually update below.
The updater app is recommended for computers running macOS and Windows 7 & 8, (download below). For Windows 10, please use the manual update method.
Please read these instructions carefully before attempting to update your firmware. The Firmware update procedure is relatively simple and easy to do by following the steps below.
These instructions have been written based on updating the monitor using a Windows 8 Operating System (W8OS). Although the procedure may look and be slightly different on predeceasing WOS’s these instructions are still applicable. Where they are not the same there will be instructions written (in brackets).
1. The first step that is to download the latest Firmware version (see below).
- This will automatically start the download of the firmware.bin file* (less than 500Kb in size),
- The download will automatically be saved into the default download folder (Usually ‘Downloads’),
- Ensure you know where the firmware.bin file is located on the computer, for the later steps of this procedure. The firmware file will be named according to this scheme Wattbike-ModelB-firmware-[version number]-[release date].bin, e.g. Wattbike-ModelB-firmware-V12001-20141015.bin.
2. Ensure the monitor is plugged into the mains via the external power adapter (supplied with the bike) and is charging (Red Light ON signifies this**) **If the Red light does not display the WBM is fully charged, but you should still plug it in.
3. To initialise the update protocol called ‘Program Mode’;
- Ensure the monitor is ‘OFF’
- Hold the ‘ENTER’ button then press and release the ‘ON/OFF’ button
- ‘Program Mode’ will appear on the monitor screen
- Using the USB A-B cable (supplied with the bike) connect the computer running Windows to the monitor.
4. The windows operating system may initialise an ‘Installing new hardware window’ this is normal and should be left to be completed. Once this has finished a new window may*** open with the ‘firmware.bin’ file showing (fig 1.0)
- *** If this window does not open automatically the monitor can be accessed by navigating to the ‘My computer’ or through the ‘File explorer’ (Windows 8) and selecting ‘Wattbike WPC’ Removable disc drive or similar from the side pane (Windows 8) or in ‘My computer’.
5. Delete the file firmware.bin in the 'Wattbike WPC' location by right clicking, the click ‘Delete’,
6. Once deleted, drag and drop (or copy) the newly downloaded firmware.bin file from the saved location on your Computer to the WattbikeWPC location see (fig 1.2), this will then;
7. Copy the firmware into the monitor and update
8. Once this is done the monitor will automatically disconnect from the computer and turn on displaying the main menu.
If at any point during this process something does not go according to these instructions and you suspect the monitor has been corrupted or still displays ‘Program Mode’ call Wattbike on 0115 945 5450 for further assistance.