Why complete this test
If you’re a track cyclist or experienced cyclist and wish to find out or monitor your sprint capacity this test is for you.
When to use the 30 second test
If you’re a more experienced cyclist, try using the 30 second test at the start of a training plan or block of training to set your baseline performance figures.
What is the 30 second test
During this test you should ride as fast as you can over 30 seconds. It’s a an everything-left-on-the-bike maximal test.
How to complete the 30 second test
The Wattbike’s Model B Performance Monitor has a pre-programmed 30 second test. Simply follow the instructions below to get started:
1. From the main menu select workouts/ tests
2. On the test screen, select 30s test
3. Input your weight, gender and select enter to start the test
4. The monitor will display a recommended resistance setting, change your resistance manually so it matches what is displayed on screen
5. Once the count down has disappeared, you can start your test
6. The live display will show a graph with the 5s averages, wattage, cadence, power to weight and a count down timer
How to interpret your results
Following the test, a ‘test’ screen will automatically appear which displays:
- Average 5s results with high and low readings highlighted
- Avg. Power
- Avg. cadence
- Power per kilo
- Fatigue factor (the drop off in power from the highest to the lowest 5s average block represented as a percentage)
You can press the right arrow to switch between tabs for more information.
If you miss this summary screen, don’t worry, all test data is stored and can be accessed in Recall.